April 16, 2012

April 15, 2012

A long and exhausting day today. I didn't even get yesterday's post done until after 10 pm today. Lots of full moon kind of events, and it's not even a full moon.

I was watching a new car insurance commercial, and quite honestly, it made no sense, wasn't funny and was really truly bad. I wondered how much the writer was paid for that ad. Or did even use an ad agency, or just ran an ad in Craig's List for a really bad commercial. I remember the Quizno singing road kill.It nauseated me so much that I will never eat there. Not sure what the hell they were thinking there, but I bet they lost a lot of customers. It is not always a good thing to give people a reason to talk about you.

And then I watch Mad Men and remember vintage commercials that were clever, snappy, memorable and worthy of your few minutes of commercial interruption. I believe I remember a time when you actually looked forward to commercials. So few are enjoyable, now I think instead of thought provoking they are irk provoking.

I worked on my design portfolio website today. I didn't get a lot done, but I just about completely redid everything. It's pretty much the same format, but instead of loads of tabs, I'm using a portfolio page, with links to what I had tabbed before. I will also add a contact tab. I kept my jewelry website clean that way and I love the simplicity. Not sure why I didn't do that with my portfolio.

I'll be sure to post the site here again, when It's finished. After my research, I think I know what I'm doing now.

1 comment:

  1. My bf works in the marketing and advertising industry as creative director, and when he was copywriter I was quite often told to "dumb it down" so apparently many ads are stupid on purpose cause that's the targeted audience?

    ReplyDelete