April 20, 2012

April 19, 2012

Today was one of those days. I guess I did too much work the day before, or drank too much run (not really). I was half asleep most of the day and didn't really get much done. I did do a lot of cutting and sewing, but I should have at least worked on my website more.

I did manage to fall asleep twice during the day. I also took a long bath and made some plans for the next few weeks. I know where I want to go with my packaging for my jewelry, so I just need to find the right materials to do it. I really want to do a stamped cardstock insert in the acetate pillowbox.

I would like the inserts to look like a a bundle of flowers or just a random flower print. I think this will be the best way to do them, cost wise. I found some nice recycled paper cardstock that I can use. I was going to make my own stamp, but have not been successful yet. I have tools, maybe a carved woodblock? Not sure about that yet and I need to get cracking.

I also need to do the brochures. I just need to design a few insert pages with images, pricing and contact and I also need to make some samples. I really need to do the packaging first, because I need packaging images on the pages.

Guess that's my next big project. That and the headband photo shoot. I really need pictures on models for people to see how they look. Guess I know what I'll be doing in the next few weeks, baring catastrophe. I have a few things going on in my life that can blow out of proportion at any time. I have a son that needs surgery and a cousin that is very ill. I may need to give some attention to either one at any given time. It will put a delay on my progress, but that's OK. Family is more important than anything. There will always be time for the business later.

No comments:

Post a Comment