January 15, 2012

January 14, 2012 - Progress Report

One of the things I really hate about having my own business, is not having health insurance. I haven't seen a Doctor in about 3 years. I take loads of vitamins and natural diuretics and anti inflammatory things, and of course my ever trusty CoQ10. And I pray a lot. There are things I can do if I really need. There is a free clinic for my county, but it's not very close, and my car is not reliable. If there is an emergency, I can use the local hospital and it should all be covered because of my low income. Not because the Government will help, but because the hospital and benefactors contribute. I really want health care reform to work and mean something to all of us.

I need to look at how far I've come since I started this journey of the mind, nine days ago.

For my jewelry business, I've discovered that I didn't have many single flower pieces. Simple pieces that might be easier to sell. I had started a website, but I need to expand on it and offer some unique pieces there. I also need more wedding offerings, as that is the most searched items in my shop. I needed packaging to offer my jewelry to brick and mortars and I need a catalog.

I made several single flower necklaces and will be offering more. I designed two crocheted pieces and have set up photography, and I've ordered packaging that hopefully will look like corsage/floral boxes. I also had a brilliant idea this morning of creating “package sets” to sell shops. With a variety of best selling product at set prices. Like starter sets.

I also applied to be a featured artist on my selling site and will be the featured artist January 24th and 25th.

For my potential design career, I organized my drawings and product photographs for a portfolio. I started to design a website that will showcase my work. I have also planned a few new designs based on what I see current trends in the US are. I did retouch a few older drawings in Photoshop and I still have to work on my Cad skills. I have a lot of work to do on the website, but I'm pleased with the overall design.

Although I don't really like the sewing shop, I did design and make 5 new offerings and I sold quite a bit there. I need to make totes and I'm totally procrastinating at it. I know they will sell.

As for the fitness. Still working on that one. My body apparently doesn't recognize that I'm cutting calories and exercising, although I'm not doing too much until I get in better shape. Don't want to hurt myself yet. I couldn't resist weighing myself again today. I did loose 1 lb. Hoping to do better next week.

I'm still thinking that maybe I should just be a clerk at a grocery store. Wouldn't it be wonderful to just stand and scan. Oooh they sit at Aldi's. I think I can scan pretty fast.

5 comments:

  1. You are doing great! Taking things a day at a time doesn't seem like big steps, but I'm sure you have the drive to continue on the small steps of the road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems as though things are staring to come together...Nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're moving forward. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done the scanning thing - may be good for some, but you can do so many things of interest - it would be a waste of all your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have lots of great ideas and have started a lot of great projects. Bravo to you! I think 2012 will be bringing you all the wonderful things you deserve from life. Much health, happiness and success in your life and business always! :)

    ReplyDelete