January 21, 2012

January 20, 2012

Maybe I'm looking at this all wrong. Maybe I need to think about what I want in life and then figure out what it is that I need to do to get there. I have crossed many things off my bucket list. I am way ahead of most people there. There are a few more things I'd like to do though.

I want to see they pyramids of Egypt. I want to live in a tiny house on a wooded lot by a stream. I'd like to build it myself. I can still do that now, so it should be soon, before I can't move anymore.

I'd love to see the Sistine Chapel in person. I did see a lovely mock up of it at the Papal exhibit in Houston. It was set up like it would have been when Michelangelo painted the ceiling. Wish I could have seen it before the restoration, so I could compare the two versions, but that ship has sailed. At least I did see the David in Florence. Quite a package on that boy. I actually think I saw close to all the art in Florence. I was obsessed, just as I was with Paris, seeing as much as humanly possible.

I'd love to go back to China and see the Great Wall and the Clay Soldiers. I promised my youngest Grandson I'd take him to San Francisco too.

Maybe I need the motivation of my bucket list to get out there and earn the income I know I can.

I'll let you in on a little secret. It has to do with the Morton Salt girl. Ever since I was very young, I was fascinated with the Morton Salt girl. I watched her stand in the rain and I watched her change over the years. Even as a child, I knew that icon was the art I wanted to create. I also knew that it would most likely be anonymous. But to have that icon in most of the homes in the US would be so wonderful. I often think of the smiley face or the peace sign that way. I guess these days the icon would be a meme. How wonderful to create a meme, or better yet, an icon.  

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I have a bucket list per se... but there are many places I want to see and things I want to do, go to Rome is one of them, and so is go back to San Francisco with the bf!

    ReplyDelete