February 19, 2012

February 18, 2012

I've been working on a crocheted baby afghan for a friend. I've been working on it for about 5 days. Mind you, this is a baby afghan. I am about to loose my mind, because it isn't finished yet. I have absolutely no patience or attention span for anything that takes over 3 days to work on. As a matter of fact I have completely remodeled kitchens in just 3-5 days including cabinets, sink, dishwasher, flooring and paint. With one extra set of hands. So much easier to hang cabinets with an extra set of hands. Although I have done them myself.

The bathroom in our house is another story. I haven't gotten it completed yet for several reasons, one of which is the money to finish it, the other is finding the right freaking caulk for the tub. So far everything has cracked and pulled away. I think I have the right stuff now. It will be nice to finally take a shower.

The fact that I can't work on the same thing for more than a few days is what lead me to product design in the first place. I can design a LOT really quickly and move on. I'm actually a pretty prolific designer. But I'm also pretty good at production. I can't work on the same thing for too long, but I know how to mix things up so I don't get too bored. I'm also good at challenging myself to speed up production and improve quality. I can work very fast on repetitive things. Maybe to get it all over with quickly.

I just have to make sure that whatever it is I do, It's not going to bore me. Obviously crocheting afghans or making quilts are not for me. I guess I could make a simple quilt if it only takes a day or two. And I sure hope I get this darn afghan done tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment