February 10, 2012

February 9, 2012

Did you ever notice that on TV, mostly on sitcoms, when the cast eats at the table, they only eat around one side. You never see the back of one person. Watch for it, you'd be surprised how many shows do this. Another thing you might watch for is the color of the clothing people wear.

You would be surprised how many shows, all cast members in a scene, even an entire episode are color coordinated. Really, trust me. I've watched way too much TV over the years. I've even watched so many shows as a child and young adult, that I've seen shows use the exact script as another show years later. Ever get deja vu? It's not deja vu, it's just a lazy producer not using a new script.

I've been told I should write sitcoms about my family. I have to admit, I have had an unusual life. I am not sure I could write well enough for TV. I don't have the training or experience. Even though I've seen so many shows over the years.

OK so half the shows I watch I find so darn boring, because they're so cliché that I know what's coming. At least there are a few good shows that surprise me. But as for predictability, I think a lot of people don't like surprises. I think a lot of people like the comfort of predictability.

Why talk about TV when I'm trying to organize my life and design a website? It's not about TV, it's about design and above all I am a designer. That is what I am, I am a designer. Glad I just realized that. You see we are all designer, just, some of us are better at it than others. Not that I'm saying I'm that great, just that, that is what I am.

I will figure this all out I'm sure. Just because I'm a designer, doesn't mean I have to be a product designer. It can mean that I can design my life and my business if I look at all the elements carefully.

1 comment: